Do you want to edit a PDF file? You’ve come to the right place. Editing a PDF file is not straightforward because the format isn’t meant to be edited like other documents. That being said, there are ways you can use to edit your PDF file.
How to Edit PDF
This guide explores eleven top ways to edit portable document files without hassle. You will find a method that works for you here. Keep reading!
1. Using Microsoft Word
If you have recent versions of Microsoft Word (2013 or later), it’s the quickest way to edit a PDF document. Because the two formats are so dissimilar, some information may be lost, such as tables with cell spacing, font effects, and form-fill-in features.
- To begin, open Microsoft Word and select File.
- Select the PDF file you wish to edit from the document window by clicking Open.
- You will get a message that Word will convert your PDF to an editable document and its contents to a format that Word can display. However, the original PDF will remain unchanged.
- Click the OK button. Make the modifications you want to the document, then save it as a PDF using File>Save.
2. Using Adobe Acrobat
The most prominent tool for modifying PDFs is Adobe Acrobat. You can get it online, just like most of Adobe’s products, by purchasing the Standard or Pro editions of the editor.
If you don’t want to pay for it, you may use Acrobat DC’s impressive capabilities by signing up for a free 7-day trial.
You must open your PDF in Adobe Acrobat before you can begin modifying it.
- Select File>Open from the File menu.
- Sign in to get access to edit the file
- In the right pane, select the Edit PDF tool.
- Select the text or image you want to change. Acrobat will show you all of the text formatting capabilities you’ll need.
Note: You won’t be able to change any text in your PDF document if the font you want to use isn’t installed or incorporated into your system. You can change only the font size and color for embedded fonts.
Once you’ve finished editing your file, save it.
You may use Adobe Acrobat to edit PDF documents in Windows and Mac clients. Additionally, if you have an Acrobat Pro DC membership, you can use the Acrobat Reader mobile app to edit PDFs on Android and iOS from anywhere, on any device.
Adobe Acrobat Tools for Editing
When editing a PDF file with Adobe, you can accomplish the following:
- Using the Format list, you can add new text, edit existing text, and change fonts.
- You can add, change, move, or resize photos on the page using the Objects list.
- To make more changes to your PDF, use the other tools. You may also annotate PDFs and add a watermark to them.
3. Using LibreOffice Draw
LibreOffice is a free Microsoft Office replacement. PDFs can be created and edited using the Draw software. Go to LibreOffice and click Download Now to download and install LibreOffice. Follow the instructions in the install file.
Note: To use LibreOffice Draw, you must first download the whole suite.
To edit your PDF file, follow the steps below.
- Open LibreOffice Draw software
- (Select the icon from the Applications folder (Mac) or the Start menu( Windows).
- Choose the PDF file you’d want to open.
- To change existing text in a PDF, click the text and begin typing.
Using the menu options on the right-hand menu bar, you can erase text, add new text, highlight text, or modify the text format.
You can also include photos in the PDF document. The steps are as follows:
- At the top of the page, tap the icon that looks like a mountain
- Choose the image you’d want to use.
- Click the Open button.
- To move the image, tap and drag it to the desired location.
- Click and drag the square dots on the image to alter the image size.
- When you’re finished, go ahead and click File and Save.
- Then, to save the new file to your computer, go to File, Export as, then PDF Export.
4. Using Google Docs
This is a quick and simple method for modifying PDF files. The instructions for editing PDFs in Google Docs are as follows.
- Use your Google account to access Google Drive. On the upper left-hand side, click New.
- Select Upload a File.
- Find the PDF file you wish to edit in the document window and click Open.
- When the upload is finished, go to the left pane and select Recent to find the PDF you just uploaded.
- Select Open With>Google Docs from the context menu when you right-click on the PDF file name.
- The system will generate a new Docs file that you can edit.
- Make the necessary modifications and save it as a PDF. You can also send it to others by email or a shareable link.
Online PDF Editor Tools for Editing PDF Files
It’s not easy to find a PDF editor that allows you to edit, add, modify text and images, sign your name, fill out forms, etc. However, you may use your web browser to modify your PDF file, save it to your PC or cloud storage, or share it with others using online PDF editors.
Not all PDF editors have the same capabilities; some have limitations on what you can and cannot do, but you can use many tools to process the same PDF document. They’re also not as feature-rich as desktop PDF editors like Acrobat, so they may not convert properly, leaving you with strange formatting styles and mistranslated text.
5. Using Sedja
Sejda allows you to edit three files every hour. Files can be up to 200 pages long and 50 megabytes in size. After two hours, the files you upload to modify are automatically removed.
To edit your PDF file, follow these steps:
- To upload a PDF file, click the Upload button. It’s the green button at the center of the homepage.
- Click Upload after selecting a PDF file. This creates a PDF that you can modify online with Sejda’s editor.
- Alternatively, you can use one of Sedja’s other file attachment alternatives, such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
You will get an editable format of your document after uploading it. Sejda PDF editor, like Acrobat, has a menu of editing options that you may use to format your text with different fonts, colors, and sizes.
- When you’ve completed altering your PDF, click the Apply Changes button. The website will process your PDF.
- To save the edited document to your computer, click Download. Alternatively, you can save the document to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, rename it, or print it by clicking one of the icons.
- Sejda immediately deletes all uploaded files after two hours. You can also erase it by selecting Delete Files from the Files menu.
6. Using PDFZorro
This is one of the most user-friendly online free PDF editing tools available. It’s fast, and PDFzorro can do more than just edit PDF files. It can also apply digital signatures and fill out forms, among other things. PDFzorro claims to provide various privacy and security features that other online editors may not have. To alter PDFs with PDFzorro, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the PDFzorro website to get started.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the upload option. The upload button is the grey button in the middle of the page.
- The upload button is the grey button in the middle of the page.
- After selecting a PDF file, click Open. You’ll be able to upload your PDF file to the website this way.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Start PDF Editor.” It’s just beneath the upload button. It is used to launch the software.
- The PDF page will appear in the window’s main portion when you click on it.
- You can remove the desired texts by dragging the pointer around on your PDF. By clicking on the area where you want to put your text, you can make modifications.
- To save what you’ve entered, click “write” again, then “download” to save it to your computer.
7. Using Smallpdf
Smallpdf is one of the online solutions to your PDF issues. It has a variety of valuable functions, including the ability to convert PDFs to other documents and electronic signatures, among others. Because all editing is done online, Smallpdf is very simple to use. The steps to use SmallPDF are as follows:
- Go to the Smallpdf website.
- Drag and drag or upload your PDF files into the system from your computer’s storage.
- After dropping the file on the area, it will convert, and you can immediately download your converted file.
8. Using PDF Buddy
PDF Buddy is an online program that allows you to modify PDF files. It’s worth noting that PDF Buddy can do more than modify PDF files. You can sign PDF documents, add text, photos, and signatures, join files, and split them. There is no need to install any software because you can do everything entirely online with PDF Buddy. When using PDF Buddy, you must take the following steps:
- To begin, go to the PDFbuddy website.
- Click “Drag your PDF here” or “Choose PDF to Edit” on the right side of the editor. This will take you to your computer’s storage location, where you may pick and choose which files to upload to the editor.
- After that, you can modify your files as needed before downloading them back to your computer.
9. Using PDFfiller
PDFfiller is still one of the best online solutions for many PDF issues. Apart from editing PDF files, it also has other useful capabilities such as converting PDF to other documents, electronic signing, PDF file protection, splitting and merging PDF files, etc. Every editing is done exclusively online, precisely like other online editors. The steps to use PDFfiller are as follows:
- To begin, go to the Pdffiller website.
- To get started, upload your PDF files, drag and drop them into the editor’s box or select “Browse for a document on your computer.”
- Add or remove text, change fonts, type anywhere on the page, and sign forms in your PDF files. Save your revised document to your computer and print, fax, or download it.
10. Using PDF Candy
PDF Candy is one of the top online tools for resolving PDF issues. Apart from editing PDF files, it also has other useful capabilities such as converting PDF to other documents, electronic signing, PDF file protection, splitting and merging PDF files, etc. The steps to using PDF Candy are as follows:
- First, go to the Pdfcandy website.
- Drag and drop the file you wish to modify into the platform’s window. Or use the “Add file” icon to upload PDF files from your computer’s storage.
- Decide on the level of conversion you wish to perform. You have the option of selecting Low, Medium, or High. Then, to convert the PDF file, click the convert PDF button.
- The system will then download the converted file to your PC, and you can edit it.
11. Using PDF2Go
PDF2Go is a free online PDF editing application that allows you to modify PDF files without installing any software. You can use PDF2Go to add text, photos, and arrows, among other things. You may also use the software to add watermarks to PDFs and highlight passages. When using PDF2Go, follow the process below.
- First, go to the pdf2go website.
- Drag and drop or upload your PDF files from any of your computer’s storage.
- After uploading your PDF to the site, click the appropriate option to access the editing tools.
- Choose the action you want to take, then edit and download your PDF documents to your computer.
And that’s about it! These are some of the best tools anyone can use to edit PDF files. They are fast, reliable, and secure. Before considering other online tools, we recommend using Mircosoft Word, Google Docs, or Adobe Acrobat. These are more structured companies with a name to protect and a policy to guide their operations. Your files are in better hands with these services.